A tooth extraction (a.k.a. teeth pulling) is the removal of a tooth from the socket in your jawbone. Sometimes, teeth need to be removed for a variety of necessary health reasons.
Tooth extractions may be required for the following reasons:
- Damage – The tooth is irreparable through bad cracks, chips or trauma
- Infection – Occasionally a tooth may become badly infected right to the pulp and cannot be saved through root canal treatment or medications.
- Overcrowding – Some clients have teeth that are too crowded for their small mouth and need to create more space by removing one or more teeth, then realigning them through orthodontic work.
- Gum disease – Advanced periodontal disease can cause the gums to pull away from the teeth, loosening them over time. In such cases, extraction may be necessary.
- Financial concerns – A patient that may require extensive and costly dental work to save a tooth may not be able to afford the expense. Extraction may be the most sensible course of action to prevent the risk of infection or further damage.
Do I need my tooth extracted?
We recommend you discuss the option of tooth extraction with your dentist. After inspection, your dentist will give you the pros and cons of the procedure and together, you can make an educated decision.
Mills Road Dental provide tooth extraction procedures to patients in Gosnells, Martin, Kenwick, Maddington, Orange Grove, Rolleystone, Kelmscott, Camillo, Champion Lakes, Huntingdale, Harrisdale, Southern River, Thornlie and Lesmurdie.